Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mama's Shepherds Pie

Mama's Shepherds Pie
   This is Bug's absolute favorite comfort food in the world!  If she has had a bad day, all she wants for supper is this dish.  I got this recipe from my mom, but changed it up a little bit for our own tastes.  I have also used a can of corn and a can of green beans just for something different or if I am out of frozen corn.  I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
 
MAMA'S SHEPHERDS PIE

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can creamed corn
1 16 oz bag frozen corn
6 servings of instant mashed potatoes or leftover mashed potatoes

Directions
  1. Brown ground beef until no longer pink.  Drain any fat.
  2. In a casserole dish combine the soup, creamed corn, frozen corn and beef.  If you want more gravy use 2 cans of soup, less gravy one can.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Top with the mashed potatoes.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.  You want your potatoes to have some crisps spots on them. 


The beef, corn & soup mixture
 

                Before going in the oven

             
The final product


   Let me know it you like it or not.  This is a dish you can add or subtract anything to.  I have even substituted leftover stuffing for the mashed potatoes.  Enjoy!

Love to all,   Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment