Saturday, May 11, 2013

Girl Scout Cookie Names

 
   I don't know about you, but I have discovered that in different parts of the country, Girl Scout cookies go by different names.  This has driven me crazy.  I will find a recipe with cookies in it, but am not exactly sure if I am using the right cookie or not.  I thought I would give you a list of the cookies with all of their alternative names.  I hope you find it helpful.

Cookies with More than One Name
  • Dip-Si-Dos also known as Peanut Butter Sandwiches
  • Samoas also known as Carmel deLites 
  • Tagalongs also known as Peanut Butter Patties
  • Trefoils also known as Shortbread
  • Thanks-a-Lot used to be known as Animal Treasures and All Abouts
Cookies with Only One Name but Not Necessarily Sold Everywhere
  • Dulce de Leche
  • Lemonades
  • Mango Cremes
  • Savannah Smiles
  • Shout Outs! (not sure if these are even made anymore)
  • Thank U Berry Much
  • Thin Mints - the most famous and popular cookie (in my opinion)

I hope this helps you decipher some of the recipes you find.  I know there are a ton on the internet.  I have come up with a few of my own.  I will probably post some in the future. 

Love to all,   Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment