Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Update Craft Room/Office/Pantry

  Well here is the last update I will be posting on I'm an Organized Junkie.  I entered this challenge a month a ago.  I decided on my Craft Room/Office/Pantry because it was in chaos.  It had become the dumping ground for everyone in the family.  I was buying duplicates of things because I couldn't find stuff I knew I had in that room.
Before
After
  The major steps I took to complete this challenge was to purchase some storage units, that actually helped me put stuff away and to organize my craft supplies and my canned goods. 
Cubby for Craft Supplies

Shoe Organizer for Tools

  The hardest part of the challenge was during this time I had a number of fibromyalgia flares, where it made it very hard for me to even get out of bed some days.  To over come this, I just made sure on the days I felt good, I worked harder and my husband and daughter helped a lot. 
  Most of the "stuff" I purged went right into the recycle bin.  The other things that I kept actually found a permanent home.  I still have some paperwork that needs to be filed, but I think I will always have some paperwork that needs to be filed.  As you can see below.
  The proudest moment was when I could actually walk around my crafting table.  I hadn't been able to do that since I put the table in the room.  I felt amazing!  I walked around it a few times just because I could!

Clean walking space by craft table and paperwork that needs to be filed.
 
  To set limits on what I buy in the future, I bought a white storage cubby, that fabric storage cubes go into.  Once the cubes are full of the designated item, then that is all I can have of that item.  Once I use up that item than I purchase more.  I also purchased a canned good storage system, that will hold approximately 10 cans per row.  With this system, I know at a glance if I am out of a canned item or need to buy some when it is on sale. 
  The one piece of advice I would give someone be for starting on their own organizational project would be to have a plan before you start.  If you don't have a well thought out plan, you will not be happy with the results and the system will not work for you. 
  I hope you like my results as much as I do.

Love to all,     Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment