Friday, April 26, 2013

Made to Crave Book Club

Made To Crave (Bundle)   Recently I joined a book club that is studying the book Made To Crave; Satisfying Your Deepest Desire With God, Not Food.  This book is by Lysa Terkeurst.  It is a 6 week journey about how we can replace our cravings for food with a deeper craving for God.  I don't know if I have ever told you this, but I have some very deep rooted issues with food.  I think I always have.  It has been my comfort for a long time.  I don't feel happy unless my pantry and fridge and freezer are full to the brim.  As soon as I use something, I need to replace it with 2 others.  There was a time in my life where we didn't have food in our cupboard nor much for supper.  I think I still hold that fear.  I haven't been hungry in a very long time, but I still remember those days like it was yesterday.  I have never told anyone in my family about those days.  It was just my mom and I during that time.  I think that is also why I am a "food pusher".  I always cook way to much, especially for holidays and if you walk away from my table hungry, it is your own fault.  Because of this my family has also suffered.  My husband has gained probably 40 lbs since our marriage and our daughter also has issues with food.  Hopefully this can be a turning point for the whole family.  Please keep us in our prayers. 

Love to all,   Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment