Tuesday, April 16, 2013

One Year Anniversay

MOM
 
  Today is the one year anniversary of my mother's passing.  It is hard to believe it has been a whole year already.  It feels like it has been forever, but like it was just yesterday also.  I come from a very small family.  There is just me and my sister.  She has 3 kids-2 in college and I have one.  My mother has 2 sisters-one that lives in town, one that doesn't.  There has been many changes in the family dynamic since my mother's passing.  The crazy part about it all was it happen exactly like my mother said it would.  My mother would talk to me about a lot of things and she would talk to me about her death.  She died after having her 4th heart attack.  Mom knew exactly how her sisters would act and how my sister would behave and she kept telling me to just do things like she had told me to do, because they won't like it, but it is what she wants.  She was right on the money.
   The best thing to happen is my sister and I have gotten a lot closer.  We were never very close growing up, but now I think we are the closest we ever have been.  It almost feels like our two families against the world.  I know that isn't true, but sometimes the hurt is still very fresh. 
   We have had our first Thanksgiving without Mom and our first Christmas and our first Easter.  They weren't easy. but we got through them and we made them joyous for the kids in the family.  Each day gets easier.  I have stored all of the photos and scrap books for a year.  I think in the next couple of weeks it will be time to start going through them.  I know it is hard for my sister, so I will make copies of the photos I want and then pack them all up, take the boxes to her house, and the boxes will sit until she is strong enough or her kids go through them.  It is strange how two sisters can be so different.  Mom always told me I would have to be the strong one and I always have been and I always will be.  Someday the tears will come, but not today. 



Love to all,  Sara  

No comments :

Post a Comment