Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Turkey Tortellini Soup

 
 Do you ever start out with a new recipe and then as you are cooking it start to change it?  Eventually you end up with a completely different recipe, that is how this recipe came about.  It started out as a simple tortellini soup and by the end I had added a bunch of different stuff.  All I know is, it was delicious.  So here is the recipe that I came up with as best as I can remember.

Turkey Tortellini Soup

5 Cans Chicken Broth
1 10oz pkg Frozen Chopped Spinach
1 28oz can Crushed Tomatoes
1 lb bag of Frozen Cheese Tortellini
2 cloves galic
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups cooked turkey (great use for leftovers)
2 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste

  Saute garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes.  Add frozen spinach and cover until thawed.  Add tomatoes and seasoning, bring to a boil then simmer for about 15 minutes.  Add broth and turkey, simmer about 40 minutes.  Add bag of frozen tortellini.  Cook until pasta is done. 

Serves:   4

I hope you like it as much as my family did!

Love to all,   Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment