Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hot Tuna Buns

  Doesn't that sound good?!  I absolutely love Hot Tuna Buns!!!  It is a recipe from my aunt and when ever I have them, it brings back so many memories of childhood.  My sister and I use to spend a lot of our summers at my aunt and uncle's house; we had a lot of fun there.  This was one of my favorite meals. There is just something about it that is comforting and reassuring.  Best thing of all it is easy to do.  I would bet almost everyone has the ingredients in their cupboard and fridge.

HOT TUNA BUNS
INGREDIENTS:
1 can tuna
1 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup cheese, diced (Velveeta)
1/4 cup salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
2 tbsp catsup
1 tbsp lemon juice
dash of salt
hamburger buns

DIRECTIONS:
  Combine all ingredients.  Fill hamburger buns with about a tablespoon of mixture and wrap in aluminum foil.  Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.  (Leftover chicken or turkey may be used instead of tuna.)  Makes about 12 buns.

This is what the mixture looks like after everything is added and stirred together.
 
The bun assembled and ready to be wrapped.
 
 
All lined up and ready for the oven.  Yum!  Yum!
 
 
The finished product!  So Good!!!!
 
 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment