Friday, March 8, 2013

Help Around the House

  Do you get help around the house?  Does your kids or husband pick things up off of the floor or put away the dishes with out being asked?  If the answer is YES, please tell me what that is like.  The hubby will help out with the dishes, if I causally tell him that the dishwasher is empty.  He also will help with the laundry, so I can not complain there, but I try to limit to sweats, his work clothes and towels.  The daughter is a different story.  I have to almost beg to get her to do anything.  We have even come up with a system of payment for certain chores.  She would just rather not have any money.  As an example, her sweatshirt fell on the floor on day, right in the line of traffic, and I left it there to see how long it would take for someone other then myself to pick it up. 

 
Well it is going on two weeks now and no one has picked it up yet.  They both have walked around it, stepped over it, have even told the cat to get off of it, but it is still laying on the floor.  I am thinking pretty soon it will be laying in the garbage.  Stuff like this drives me insane.  Now, I have never ever claimed to be a neat person.  I have always been messy, but to actually walk around something because you don't want to bend down and pick it up; it is CRAZY!  Thanks for letting me blow off steam.  I think I needed it. 
 
  Do you all have a busy weekend?  Is it going to be filled with work or fun?  Mine is a mix of both.  Tomorrow, we will be having a Girl Scout cookie booth at a basketball tournament in town and I will be the leader for that.  On Sunday, the whole family will be going to a stock show in the morning and a rodeo in the afternoon, if the weather cooperates.  If we are able to make it, I will post pictures next week.  It should be a lot of fun.  We haven't been for a few years, so I am really looking forward to it.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and get to spend it with family and friends. 
 
 
Love to all,  Sara
 


No comments :

Post a Comment