Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Easter Egg Tree



  How many of you put up an Easter Egg Tree during Lenten season?  I do!  I love my tree.  There is nothing I don't love about it.  This is my tree this year:


What do you think of it?  I tried something different this year.  Instead of using branches from the yard and forcing them to bud, I used lighted branches.  I am not sure if I like it or not.  I like how it the light but it looks a little fake.  Oh well, had to try. 
  This is my all time favorite egg on the tree. 


My grandma Daisy made this for me when I was a little girl.  She made one for all of us "girls."  I always remember grandma's tree, with the hand blown and decorated eggs.  They were decorated with quilling or tatting.  We were told that we could look but not to touch.  I really wanted to touch.  Easter was also the last holiday we were able to spend with my mom before she passed away.  This time of years bring back so many wonderful memories of family.  I hope there are times in your life that bring back wonderful memories.  I know Easter is one of them for me. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment