Thursday, February 21, 2013

State Wrestling


  I think I have finally recovered from our weekend at State Wrestling.  Our family is a wrestling family.  Even though we have a daughter, we all love the sport of wrestling.  To go to state wrestling is our family vacation for the year.  Luckily our local high school excels at the sport.  To add to the excitement this year, my nephew Jed went to State for the first time.  This is the first year he was on varsity wrestling and to be able to go to state is a HUGE accomplishment.  We are all very proud of him!  Myself and another one of Jed's aunts had shirts made that said Jed's fan on the back of them.  I think he was a little embarrassed, but he also was grinning from ear to ear.  Jed placed 8th this year.  Pretty darn good for a 10th grader that is wrestling 10 pounds under weight.  The whole family has been beaming with pride.  Our school team placed 4th in state and we had 2 state individual champions.  It was a good year. 

 
Isn't he a cutie?


It has taken me almost a week to get my voice back, but oh the fun we had!!!

  What does every one's weekend look like?  My is busy like usual.  Tomorrow doctor appointment in Fargo, ND.  Saturday clean house and hopefully get Easter Egg tree up and Sunday church, Girl Scout cookie sales booth and then church game night in the evening.  Just the normal weekend.  I think I need a nap!  LOL

   Love to all,     Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment