Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Annoyances

  I don't know about you but the last few days every little thing has been getting on my nerves.  I have been snapping at everyone in the house, even the pets aren't safe.  I don't know why.  Nothing is really wrong.  Haven't seen much of the hubby, but that is normal this time of year in his business.  It even got so bad, I went of on a friend on Facebook because I didn't like what she commented to one of my posts.  Pretty sad.  I thought it would be a good idea if I stayed away from this blog if I was acting like that.  Today I had a break through.  I went to our usual Tuesday morning Bible study and as we were discussing the book of Mark I felt a great calm come over me.  I realized than what was wrong with me is I had been gone from Church for to long.  Last Tuesday we didn't have class, Sunday I didn't go to church because I was under the weather.  I needed an infusion of Christ in my soul.  I have had a much better day since.
  I have been a homemaking fool today.  I have my last load of laundry in the washer, the dishes are done and supper was delish.  I made "My Mama's Meatloaf."

My Mama's Meatloaf
2 lb hamburger
1 egg
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed

Mix all ingredients together until just combined.  Don't over mix.  Put in a loaf pan.  Bake a 350° for 1 hour. 

To make it my mama's classic meal, serve it with baked potatoes, string green beans and a tossed salad.  Every time I eat this, it brings me back to my mom's kitchen table.  Nothing better.

No comments :

Post a Comment