Monday, June 24, 2013

Cucumber & Zucchini Trellis

   I am trying something different with my cucumber and zucchini this year.  Everywhere I have read, gardening experts were saying to training these vining plants up trellises to avoid them getting ground based diseases.  The past few years, my plants have been getting dusty mildew.  I have tried may things to try get rid of it, but it has always come back.  This year, the Hubby and I were talking and we thought we would give this a try.  So far so good.  The plants are not large enough to go up the trellis, but hopefully this will help.
 
The cucumbers

Hubby working hard!

The zucchini is a little bigger. 
 
   I planted dill next to the zucchini.  I read somewhere that dill is suppose to help keep bugs away from zucchini.  I will let you know.  All I really know right know is that my little garden needs sun.  We have had over 6 inches of rain in the past week.  We need the sun!
 
Love to all,   Sara  

No comments :

Post a Comment