Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sick to my Stomach!

  I am sooooo upset and I have no one to blame but myself!  I was taking pictures last night at Bug's summer play and my camera started to act fun.  I turned it off and when I got home tried to figure out what was going on.  Not the best thing to be doing at midnight.  I decided the only way to fix it was to reset the camera to the factory settings and just set everything up the way I like it again.  Did I say, not something you should be doing at midnight.  Well, like a fool, when the camera asked to format, I hit OK.  NEVER hit OK if you have pictures on the SD cards you want to save.  Because, I wiped out 2 months worth of pictures!  They were from a reunion of my hubby & his 3 siblings, our daughter's play, the Fourth of July fireworks, which were amazing; a visit to a museum; a landscape project; and one of the most beautiful sunsets ever.
  So what is the lesson learned?  1) Download your camera every time you take pictures, i.e. at the end of the day, week, etc.  2) NEVER format your SD card unless it is blank or you WANT to erase everything on it and 3) If you ask around, there are usually so amazing people in your community that will offer to send you photos to replace the ones you lost.
   This last lesson I learned while I was writing this post.  I admit I had a little pity party about what happened, on Facebook.  I have gotten some great offers of pictures from the play and the reunion!  I can't say thank you enough!

Love to all,  Sara 

No comments :

Post a Comment