Saturday, July 13, 2013

Drowning in Paper

  I have been MIA for awhile.  I guess summer will do that to a person.  I just don't know where the time is going during the day.  Right now I am on a mission.  It seems like I am forever drowning in paper.  I have a goal to get all of the recipes I have gathered over the years onto my computer.  This is the stack of recipes I have left to go. 
Pile of recipes to input

  I think this is a huge improvement.  I use to have 6 binders of recipes that I had either printed off of the Internet or tore out of a magazine.  So if you don't see a lot of posts for awhile, it is because I am typing in recipes. 
  I have also set up some spread sheets so for tax purposes, so that when deductibles items come in I can put it in my spread sheet and than file the receipts etc. in my taxes file.  This way I won't have to go through a ton of paper and receipts at the beginning of next year to figure out our deductions.  So far, so good.  I just need to come up with a good filing system that will work for bills etc.  The one I have now is not my favorite, because I am having a hard time sticking to it.  Oh well. 
  Back to inputting things into the computer.  I promise when this is done, I will have a ton of posts to send out about our garden, the new landscaping project, canning, camping, fishing, you name it we have been doing it.  Hope you all are having a wonderful summer, also.

Love to all,  Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment