Thursday, January 2, 2014

Mother-In-Law is in a Manor


  The past few months have been very difficult for the family.  It was decided in the beginning of October to put my mother-in-law in a manor (old folks home).  She has been having health issues for a number of years, but it has gotten to a point where my father-in-law could no longer take care of her by himself.  There is guilty feelings in all of us for not being there more, but what can one do?
  My MIL has been having mini strokes in here brain for the past several years.  What this does is mimics Alzheimer's disease. She has also gotten to the point where I believe anyway, not that anyone else in the family agrees with me, she is having small stokes in her left leg and arm.  It is getting very hard to for her to walk.  Her left leg just doesn't want to move at all.  Her left arm has been bad for years.  
  I know that the stress of being responsible for my MIL needs have taken there toll on my husband and sister-in-law and father-in-law, also.  I do what I can but they don't want to but added stress on me because of my own health issues.  I took my MIL to the doctor the other day and the next day all I could do was rest, I was so tired from the day.  At least by taking her, we will have her evaluated for he possibility of a wheelchair.  I would hate to have her fall when we have her out for the holidays or something like that.  It is just so hard to know what to do.  I found the following quote on Facebook, I wish I could remember who had posted it.  It sums up what we need to remember when dealing with our older generation. 


Love to all,   Sara

No comments :

Post a Comment